Followers

Friday, June 16, 2017

Hot Today

This morning after breakfast, I sprayed weeds at the ditch where we get out water.  I prepared the spray yesterday, but did not get time to spray.  The spray tank fits on top of the lawnmower deck.  It worked really well.  I could spray some  as I drove.  Others, I would get of the mower and spray up and down the ditch.  Get back on the mower and drive up some and get off again.  I had some spray left over so I sprayed along the road north of our yard and greenhouses.
The leaf miners continue to eat the pole bean leaves.  I sprayed them with the ream oil.  I made a stronger batch.  I them sprayed the potatoes plants for flea beetles.  I didn't see any.
While I was spraying the potatoes,  I got a picture of the peas.  The pods are quite long and some are beginning to swell.
There are a couple of wild flowers that I am showing today.  The one below, we don't know the name of it.  It is about five inches tall and five inches wide.
The two pictures below are of a plant that does well every year.  It has lime green leaves with small dainty yellow flowers.  I have a few seedlings of it.
Below is a close-up showing the buds.
The last activity for the day is preparing trip irrigation for the melons and watermelons that will be planted north of the of the irises.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment