Followers

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Slow Day


I applied lawn fertilizer to the strawberry plants after breakfast.  They haven't done well this spring.
watered three times

This morning we went to Fillmore.  I made a deposit and got the sprayer to spray the potato plants that infested with flea beetles.  I should have done that several weeks ago.  I found a two gallon spray tank that I used several years ago.  It was hard to build up the pressure.  It had a chemical in it, but I couldn't tell what it was.  I first thought that it was round-up.  I sprayed weeds, then I thought that it might be malathion.   I found in the shed some Neme oil that would kill flea beetles and leaf miners.  I mixed it one teaspoon per gallon of water.  I made two gallons twice.  It worked really well.  Much better than the old one.


With the 15 gallon sprayer fixed and the iris sample removed and replanted I will spray the iris patch and the weeds.   There are peonies there which I don't want to spray.  I cut them down to the ground and then with the weed whip I cut them down to ground level.  I will let them dry out a couple of days and then spray.  The photo doesn't show much but might give an idea of how it looks.


I planted more pole beans and put up some twine.  There now is a mix of two different varieties of pole beans.

Several weeks ago I spayed a lot of the weed next to the road north of the greenhouses.  This afternoon I had the weed whip out.  I cut down the dead weeds.

The Fox-tail lilies are really looking pretty this spring.  I couldn't resist getting a picture.
 Another flower that I have been watching is picture below.  I moved it from a place by the neighbors to the east of us on the road right away last fall.  I don't know its name, but hope to find out this summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment