Followers

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

House Six, Iris, and Watering



This has been a hot busy day

I pruned some of the tomato plants in house six.  I then made the trellis for a bunch more.  The fruits are getting larger.  We should be picking tomatoes by the end of the month.

We had a water turn last Wednesday.  I watered the garden.  It took all afternoon.  I was able to turn water down three or four rows and then come back in twenty minute to see if the water had gone to the end of the row.  I slow the water down to let it soak longer.

I dug weeds in house six.

Last week I dug up a sample of every of every iris that we have.  This afternoon I pruned the leaves and remove some of the soil.  I got a wheelbarrow full of them.

I dug a trench to heel them in.  Those at the top of the picture have been heeled in.  Those at the bottom of the picture are yet to be heeled in.
 A close-up have already been watered.
 I took a picture of the sweet potato starts that I planted two weeks ago.  The picture shows a new leaf emerging.



No comments:

Post a Comment