Followers

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Today


I worked all morning in house six pruning the suckers off the tomato plants.  I wore a long sleeve shirt and exam gloves to keep my arms and hands clean.  Some of the suckers were three feet long.  Others were much shorter.  I have decided that it is a full time job keeping them pruned.  There are new ones every week.  Many of the plants have ripe tomatoes.  I cut what I thought was the sucker, but cut the plant off near the ground.  It was loaded with Juliet tomatoes.

Insects ate some of the plants that I transplanted yesterday.  I sprayed the twice today.

I planted another 606 jumbo tray with Peaches and Cream corn seed.  When the corn already growing is harvested I will replace it with new transplants.

I mowed the lawn.  I thought today was Friday, but it is Thursday.

Some insects are eating our pole bean plants.  I went out with a light at 10:30 tonight and there were earwigs on the plants and on the ground.  I came back with a sprayer and hopefully I will poison them.

No comments:

Post a Comment