Followers

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Weeding & More Weeding

These photos are not in order of when they occurred.  I planted crookneck and zucchini squash.  I removed all the seedling in each group except one.  I drove three wooden stakes.  Tomorrow I plant to stake up each plant.  I will tie each one to the stake as they grow.
 The large tomato plants that we planted on the south side of the north garden are loaded with tomatoes.  These are Juliet tomatoes.  I had some of them in a tossed salad for lunch.
 Early this spring I transplanted some Indian Rice grass.  There are about twenty-four plants.  I have been watering them almost every day.  They seemed to be doing well, but lately they seem to be dying.  There are only a couple that are barely a live.  The rest are dead.
This afternoon I weeded for a couple of hours.  I started with the tomato plants and finished by weeding the onions.  I used a hoe weeding between the onions and the weed barrier.  I finished with a small stirrup hoe where I was able to weed between the onion.
 Robert is using drip lines to water his peppers.  I discovered that the stopper used to block the end of the drip line came loose and water was running out the end instead.  This prevented adequate water for the plants in that line. I tightened the clamp and stopped most of the leaking.
 Robert had a zucchini type plant that grew long fruit.  They are growing on the hoop made with cattle panel.  I am training them with tomato clips to keep growing on the hoop.
 The pole beans are doing very well now.  I had to put up more strings.  I then weeded on both sides and down the row.

No comments:

Post a Comment