Followers

Friday, July 21, 2017

The Lawnmower and the Turff Meet

I showered last night before I went home teaching.  This morning I skipped the shower and picked the sweet corn.  Carol and I shucked the corn and we cut off all the kernels.   We ended up with a gallon zip bag packed full of the corn kernels. They are in the freezer.  This afternoon I cut some of the corn down.
It had rained last night and the ground was a little muddy and the lawn was wet.  l removed the hose on the lawn.  By then the lawn had pretty well dried out.  I replaced a small bolt on the throttle lever with a shorter one.  The lawnmower motor idles too high.  Replacing the small bolt did not help.  I mowed the lawn and dumped the grass catcher twice.
I moved the patio furniture a little further to the north.  We covered it a couple of days ago and the rain last night.
I takes a little over and hour to mow our big lawn.   Below is the east lawn.



I drove the lawnmower in through the south door.  I backed it into the small space in house three.



I worked the rest of the morning in house one.  I pulled weeds and pruned branches on tomato plants on both rows, left and right.
The next row to the west is in terrible shape.  Branches are growing across one another and across the row.  I pulled weeds and pruned the branches.  I left the branches in the middle of the row.

One of the gourd plants has died.  I think that the squash bugs killed it.  I pulled it up and will plant something else in its place.


Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment