Followers

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Robert and I

Robert was here fairly early this morning.  I called Richard Darnel who lives across the road.  He worked on the lawnmower yesterday.  It would not work this morning.  He was here for 1 1/2 hours trying to get it to work.  He checked out the fuel system, the spark plugs, and the air intake.  He cleaned the spark plugs.  Cleaned the air intake and took the carburetor apart.  He then put it all back together.  It started up okay and looked like I would be able to mow the lawn.  I mowed for about five minutes and it quit.  I was able to drive it back into house five.  While I was doing this, Robert was pruning the tomato plants in house six.
We made a list of things that we needed to trellis the tomatoes in house one.  When he got back, we reinforced the opening on the north end.  Stretched from the header the north opening to the header on the south opening.  

The two wires are attached to the headers with eye bolts.  The poles down the middle are to hold the wires from sagging.  I worked on the purlins on the east side while Robert was working down the middle.  The tomato plants on both sides of the middle are now tied up.  We can walk down the isle with out the need to step over the tomato plants.
I stood on a bucket, but could not reach the purlins.  I then put a block on the wagon and then stood on the block.  That worked, but was awkward to move the wagon.

I made a stool a couple months ago to use in house two.  It is pictured below.  In the box on the left are them clip used to hold the strings.  The box on the right is the twine we use.  I stepped up on the stool, grabbed a bow, and stepped on the block.  I wrap the twine around the purlin twice.  I then hooked the tomato clip to the twine and tomato stem.  I pruned all the sucker branches.
I used a lead weight to hold the twine from slipping away.
The theme clip is holding the twine from unwinding.
Some of flowers planted west of house five.  We planted some new Wave petunias and a couple of geraniums.   This is called the South East flower bed.
 I also made a basket of Wave petunias to hang on the front porch.
 The bird feeder was nearly empty.  I filled it up again.
Robert brought some plants that he dug in California.  There three starts of a Penstemon that has a lavender colored flower.  I removed most of the tops.
 The one below is a berry plants has a white flower and is less than a foot tall.


Comments and suggestions are welcomed.



No comments:

Post a Comment