Followers

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Worked All Day

Robert showed up pretty early this morning.  I was still eating my breakfast.  He worked in house six most of the morning.  He pruned all six rows.  I worked some in house one hanging more of the tomato plants there.  This photo doesn't show what I did first.  After lunch we hung two more wires.  You can't see them but they are holding up the post at the right and the one at the left.  Those that I hung on the new wires have so many branches.  After I cut them off,  what is left is pretty thin.
I did some weeding in the cucumber plants.  The cucumber plants don't climb.  I used the tomato clips to support the vine at the top of the cage.  Much of this work was on my knees.
 This shows where I removed the weeds.
 I helped Carol make sweet relish.  We had cucumbers, but we bought bell peppers at the market.  We ended up with eight half pints.

I finished driving in the stakes for the summer squash.


comments and questions are welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment