Followers

Friday, July 7, 2017

The Final Pea Harvest



This morning before showering and before breakfast Carol and I started the final pea harvest.  I removed the twine that held the peas off the ground.  At least most of them.  With a shovel, I cut the peas at the root level and carried them with a pitch fork where Carol was picking the peas.  I would have been better if we would have picked them on Monday.  She was able to do that because of her recent procedure at the Utah Valley Hospital.  I started cutting on the west end.  Looking to the east.
This is how it looks after I cut them down.  The potatoes are on the left.
The sweet potatoes are doing well.  Not sure of they will be ready in October.
Still having trouble with the lawnmower.  I started up and drove it in an indirect way to the trailer.  I run out of gas about twenty feet from the trailer.  The gas can was empty.  We drove to Fillmore and filled the five gallon gas container.  We stopped at the market for a few groceries.  I did the watering and then drove the mower on the trailer.  The trailer was secured and off I went.  Ted was busy and I waited for while until be checked out the mower.  He couldn't fix it.  He decided to do a compression test.  I called back around five.  They had worked on it some but did not have it fixed.  They were to call, but haven't called.  

 After lunch I did some weeding on the cucumbers and fasten the runners at the top of the cages.  There are a lot of them.
I wanted to hang a right side up tree basket for a determinate tomato plant.  It is pictured below.  Three wires are attached to the open end of the basket.  The other ends are attached to a large nail in the top of the pipe.  The basket is hanging above the tomato plant.  The plant should grow into the basket.
Weeded the strawberry patch several weeks ago.  The tiny mist weeds are much older now.  I used a stirrup hoe and was able to work quite fast.
The same picture after the weeds were hoed out.
Our sweet corn is ripe.  I picked six ears.  Two of them were damaged by sap beatles and earwigs. Carol had one for supper and I had three.  Very good.

We had four six packs of zinnias.  This evening we planted them by the lemon trees.
No pictures, but I hung seven tomato plants in house one.  There are so many more to do.

Comments and questions are welcomed

No comments:

Post a Comment