Followers

Monday, July 17, 2017

Irrigation -- Water out of the Canyon


Squash or pumpkin that was planted a week ago are now breaking through the soil.  I planted five or six seeds to help push up the soil and knowing that some might not germinate.  All will be pulled except one.  It will be tied to the stake and after the first fruit I will cut the top off.
Below is a single plant.  I pulled four or five of them up and left one plant.
The Topaz melons are doing well.  Plenty of male blossoms. Female blossoms are absent.
This gourd plants is about three feet tall.  There are two small gourds.  I keep it tied to the stake.
This is how I joined two pipes together that are different size.  I wrapped the smaller pipe with strips of bath towels, and used duck tape and twine to secure it to the pipe.
The pipe reached across the lawn.  The joint is on the lower left side.
I was taking a picture of this yellow jacket nest.  I was stung by one of them because I was two close.  I backed up and tried it again.
A cluster of tomatoes growing in house six.
The crook neck squash and zucchini are doing well.  I haven't seen and squash bugs or eggs on any of them.



Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment