Followers

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hornets, or Are They Wasps? - They Still Sting




Home from the temple.  Had a quick lunch and then watered houses two, three, and six.  I checked out all of the gardens and house one and six.  There is a lot of work yet to do, such as weeding, hanging tomato plants, branch pruning, and picking tomatoes.

The lawnmower is in house three.  There is not room for it to turn around.  The three benches below are going to be stacked.  I will remove all of the trays, pots, junk.  I started to do that this afternoon.  one tray has a hornet nest in it.  I thought I would move it out side.  I picked it up to move it outside.  The hornets didn't like it.  They were really fast and stung me on the back of my left hand.  I was stung five or six times.  My hand began to swell.  This is the center.  Left is south and right is north end.
This is the South end.
 North end
One of the gourd plants droughted.  The dribble tube might be plugged.  I poored a couple of gallons of water on it.  I found no squash bugs today.  I did find one set of eggs that I soon removed.
I removed a few weeds and pruned some branching on a few tomato plants on the north end of house one.
I sprayed hornet nests with WD-40. There were two nest in the chicken run and one in the back of the microwave oven in house one.   After dark in knocked a nest in the gabled in of the garage.  It fell to driveway.  I crushed the nest on the concrete, and stepped on those that were crawling around.  I used the flash light.


comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment