Followers

Monday, December 17, 2018

Sweet Corn is Growing

We drove to Fillmore for groceries and to deposit a CSA check.
This is how my workbench looked this morning.
This is how it looked when I stopped working in the garage.  I am making a small table for the shredder.  I designed it to be built the same way as our antique milk safe.  It didn't work out that way.  I made mistake after mistake.  I made screw holes in the wrong place.  I screwed and glued the rails in the wrong place.  I had to take them apart.  As I left the garage, I finally got it figured out.
I did some serious cleaning in house two.  The above bench is ready for more plants.
I dug up a large beet last week.  It was in the house on top of the counter.  I cooked a little bit of it and it was pretty tough.  I planted back in house two, but in a raised bed.  I am hopping it will grow leaves and stems for harvesting.
I raked some leaves Saturday morning.
Here is a kohlrabi that was old and tough.  I gave it two the chickens.  They ate the leaves and the tender kohlrabi pups.
We have frequent visits by deer.  The lay down and watch me everywhere I go.

Deer in our yard Saturday morning.  I can walk around the yard and they just watch me.  If I walk towards them they get up and move.
I shredded a lot of papers this morning.  The shredder gets plugged up and I discovered over a couple of days, that if I pushed the button two have it run backwards, I can shred a lot of papers without it plugging.
The sweet corn is tasseling, there are some ears showing are barely showing, but the silk is along way off.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment