Followers

Monday, December 3, 2018

Sunday and Monday



It snowed most of the day Sunday and all night.  When it was light Monday morning there was a lot of pretty snow images.
There were deer tracks in the snow all around the house.  Above is where two deer spent the night.  Two other bedded places are not shown, but are to the right of what is in the picture.
The above photo shows a deer.  It is to the right of the blue tub.
I used my snow pushing stick to push snow of the garage driveway and the driveway in front of the house.
I made a path to the greenhouses and the henhouse pushing snow.  The path to the henhouse is shown above.
In front of house two, Tiger, our cat, found a warm spot in the sun.  She was laying a little on the snow and on the black edge of the seventeen inch trays.
I planted three hundred geranium seeds. I filled three 1206 trays with potting soil. I used a golf ball to pack the soil for the seeds that were to follow.
Each packet contained one hundred tiny yellow seeds.  I dumped a packet of seeds in the little scoop.  I put some seeds in the palm of my hand. and with a tiny spoon I  picked up one seed and dropped it in the cell.
I covered the seed with a little Therm-o-Rock.
Each tray is put on the heating pads.  I hope they will germinate in a week or so.
The tassels of sweet corn are beging to emerge.
The fungus gnats are stuck to the in side of the poly. It seems like there are thousands of dead fungus gnats.
I planted one row of radish seeds and two rows of red beet seeds.
The bird feeder is filled up again.
These two casts spend a lot of time cuddled in the box.  Sometimes the third one is in the box with them.
I have a shredder that I haven't used for a long time.  I dumped it on one of the raised beds. It helps in the control of weeds and then decompose and adds fertility to the soil.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment