Followers

Friday, December 7, 2018

Planting More Today

I did not post anything yesterday.  Some photos are from yesterday, but most are from today.
A Topaz melon has been growing nicely for most of the fall and into the winter.  But over the last couple of weeks, it started to die.  I picked it and cut it in half.  It did not taste very good.  I gave it to the chicken this morning and they went right after the seeds and ate one half to the rind.
The garage in our neighborhood is now weather proof with the installation of the two garage doors.
I started shredding any papers that had no value.  I was shredding in my bedroom and there was shredded paper on the floor.  Every time I walked in and out of the bedroom I left a trail of the shreds that stuck to my feet.  This morning I took the shredder out to house two.  I can shred here and dump it where it belongs.
I dump it on the raised beds which will cover the small weeds an kill germinating weed seeds.
I planted geraniums on Monday, which was five days ago..  The trays have been on a heating pad and I look at them every day.  Today is the first day of germination.  
I did quite a lot of planting today.  They are listed as follows and not in any particular order:  Cabbage, Golden Acre; Broccoli, Packman Hybrid; Thai Basil; Scarlet Nantes Carrots; Utah Celery; Ruby Red Swiss Chard; Vates Blue Curled Kale; Mortgage Lifter Tomato; Cherokee Purple Tomato; Burpless Cucumber, Large American Flag Leek; and Sweet Success Hybrid Cucumber.
Here is where I planted the Scarlet Nantes Carrots.  There is a narrow bed of them from left to right starting with the marker on the left.
Carol started this thousand piece puzzle a couple of days ago and finished tonight.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment