Followers

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Transplanted the Blue Lake Pole Beans

Some friends of ours, the Richardsons, needed some cucumbers.
I picked four nice ones that were in house two.  They are 12 to 14 inches long.  

We drove to Fillmore for a few groceries this morning.  

I planted Blue Lake Pole beans several months ago.  They are large enough with a good root structure to transplant into raised be #1.
I made some holes with the dibbler.  It is hard to see the black holes in the black soil.  The red arrow points to two of them.
The hole and the bean plug are mate perfectly.  There are six cells in the six pack.  Some insect of slug ate off the leaves of one of them.  Hence, only five plants.  They will climb the twine in back of them.
I dug up the largest leek that I have ever grown.  It is laying on the 1206 tray which is 20 inches long.  I cut off the roots and soil.
I cut off the top and cleaned it up.
I shredded more papers this afternoon.  Raised bed #3 is completely covered with shredded papers.
I harvest some Italian parsley.  It has a nice flavor.

We had a little snow around twelve today.


Questions and comments are welcome,

No comments:

Post a Comment