Followers

Thursday, December 20, 2018

today

A daily ritual is to shred papers.  I did that until the shredder got too hot and shut off.  I came back later and did more shredding, and then a couple more times.  I may mention this in the next posting, but not how many times I shredded.
I have a lot of lettuce plants that are ready to be transplanted.  There is not room in house two to transplant all of them.  I am considering house six. They will not be heated in house six. 
 I transplanted fifteen sweet corn plants on the north end of bed six.
The geranium plants are doing well.  The true leaves are beginning to grow. They seem to change every day.
I have what I call a rough finish of the shredder table.  I did some sanding and counter sinking  the screws.
The bench in the above picture is upside down to show the rails look from the under side.
This shows how the 1x2 furring strip board are glued together to make a strong table leg.  This same concept can be used in benches and larger tables.
The table is laying on its side to show how the legs are attached to the rails.
 We passed out the rest of the Carmel puffs today.  Going to make another batch tomorrow.

We make them with the corn pops.
I have been watering these hot pepper plants since last May.  No one is using them, so I pulled them up/
They really have quite a root system.
 I started another wire for the tomato plants.  It is easy to pull them tight with the turnbuckle.  I can also tighten the "J" bolt.
 I decided a couple of days ago to blow off the leaves that are on the lawn.  There is a couple of small clumps of snow.  All of my extension cords are being used for the Christmas lights.  I found a couple that were pretty twisted.
 I blew the leaves on the east lawn to both sides.  They were pretty wet and took more effort to move them, but with the help of three extension cords I was able to get it done.
I did the same on the south lawn.
This the winter look of the Perityle stansbury, Rock Daisy.

kohlrabi was eaten by the chickens.  They really love them.  They peck and peck cleaned out the interior of the vegetable.  Picture below show more of the interior, but is pretty fuzzy.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment