Followers

Monday, December 31, 2018

More Snow and More Planting

It was snowing lightly when we got up this morning.  After breakfast we started doing one of the things that I don't enjoy.  That is boxing up all of our indoor Christmas decorations.  We started with the nativity scene.  I unloaded the closet that has all the empty boxes.  We will fill them with the inhouse decorations.  



I worked on putting each piece of the nativity scene back into the Styrofoam containers.  After nearly three hours I still couldn't get all the pieces in.  Carol was going to the post office.  I wanted to push the snow of the driveway before she backed out the car.  When I got back in the house.  She had put the piece in.  It was kind of like putting a three dimensional puzzle.  I had it upside down.  She put the right side up and it fit perfectly.
We then put the nutcrackers away and put the pictures and knickknacks back in their usual places.  It took three boxes.  The above photo shows the TV and the items on top of it.
 I caught the mouse that has been eating the corn seeds.
 I reset the trap in case there is another mouse around.
I planted leek seeds in the 1206 tray.  One in each cell.  I used a small spoon, picked up one leek seed, and put it in each cell.  I covered each seed with vermiculite.  
I set the trap for the photo.  I later planted the seeds.
The corn seeds were put in three six packs.  Above the six packs is a 1206 tray holding 72 leek seedlings.
I planted one row of radishes, and two rows of Detroit red beets.   It takes about two weeks for the beets to germinated and one week for the radishes to germinate.

I cleaned the snow off the front sidewalk.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment