Followers

Monday, December 24, 2018

No Heat for Several hour this Morning

Strange thing this morning. Each night we turn off the furnace. I was up a little after five. I turned on the furnace and it did not start. I turned it off and on several times and still no heat. I showered in a cold bathroom, put on my jacket. After breakfast I called Andrew Brown. He called back would be in Holden a little later this morning.. He discovered that there was no power at the furnace.  He checked the circuit breaker.  It was off.  Last night I turned off the furnace instead of the out door lights. I felt rather stupid. If you have heating and air problems, call Andrew. 
The temperature was 64 when I got up and then dropped another degree before we got the power back.
I planted more  Vates Blue Scotch Curled Kale Seeds. 
And more  Ruby Red Swiss Chard Seeds.


I transplanted the Vates Blue Scotch Curled Kale plants that were planted several weeks ago.  This is a 1706 tray.  I used the cone for a dibble and made hole in each sell.  Then I put a kale plant in each hole.
This is how it looked after I finished.  They should be standing up in the morning.  
This is a tray of transplanted Swish Chard plants.  I didn't use the dibble here.  I laid the plant over the cell and used the back end of tweezers to push them into the soil.  It was much faster.  We will see how it worked in a couple of days.
This is a tray of lettuce that is ready to be transplanted.
I transplanted them in house six.  I spaded a row next to the main isle where I then planted them.
Another picture.  It took me quite awhile to put the drip line down.  I got it working and let the water run for nearly four hours.  There is no heat in house six now.  Hope they don't freeze.
A view from the west end looking east.
There are three different tomato plant that I put them in larger containers.  There are two each.  Banana cherry, Purple Plum, and large orange Roma.
Late this evening I got these 2x4's at the construction site down the road.  they were in a dump trailer.  I got permission from Andy Bray.
These two tractors are decorated with red Christmas lights.  They really look good at night.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment