Followers

Monday, August 21, 2023

Elderberry Juice

 I was up at six this morning which gave me time to read another chapter in the Book of Mormon.  I watered all of the inside plants and was able to watch the morning news.  It rained some during the night. 

Our kitten, scamp was resting in a tote contained some of my garden tools. It seemed odd that she was able to be comfortable there.  I harvested all of the elderberries.  There was a lot of them.  
We put them in the steamer and ended up with two quarts of elderberry juice, we drove to Fillmore and bought some pecten to turn the elderberry juice in jelly.  We also bought other groceries. 
The hummingbirds emptied both feeders.
This one is on the left side of the porch.  There was hummingbird near the feeder when I took the picture, but i can't see it in the above photo.
I dug some potatoes.  It was pretty muddy, and it took me quite a while to clean all of them.  I also dug one of the big onions.  Carol pealed the potatoes and sliced the onion.  She shredded the potatoes and fried them all.  It was really good.  I went to sleep watching TV.  I think that I slept for over an hour.  It rained some during the day, Or I should say it sprinkled a little all day.  We watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment