Followers

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Mowed Lawn

I was up early enough to read another chapter in the Book of Mormon.  My Saturday morning woodworking shows were pretty boring.  Those on the show talked about the wonderful things that they have done.   Instead of watching them, I mowed the lawns. 

I dumped the bags in the garden, I tried to cover the weeds with the clippings.  I finished mowing and was able to do all of the trimming with the weed eater.  I did all of this before lunch. 
I went to gather the eggs and found the yellow jacket nest inside the garage greenhouse.  The was one yellow jacket at the top of the photo.
The hibiscuses are beginning to bloom.
I took two ears of old corn to the chickens in the hen house. The chickens went right to work eating the corn.  I some to the chickens in greenhouse six. The chickens there didn't seem to know what to do with it.  Some pecked at it a little.
I watered all of the plants in the gardens except for the onions.  I decided that the onions don't need to be watered be watered any more.  I dug out a lot of the corn stalks that didn't have any ears as shown in the above photo. Carol and I went for a ride around the town.   Scamp, the kitten, was missing.  I saw her go into the thick rose bushes on the west side of the north garden.  The mother cat was there, and I saw Dusty, a big cat that we used to have. I fed the cats, and the mother cat came to eat.  The kitten also came out.  We gave another treatment to her eye.  We had omelets for supper.  We watched TV until we went to bed.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment