Followers

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Fixed Leak

I was up early enough to read the next chapter in the Book of Mormon.  The heavy east hummingbird feeder was empty.  I got it and Carol filled it with sugar water.  It was easy to do.  I hung it back up and the hummingbirds started to drink.  The west feed was quite full.  Carol wanted to wash it and refill it with the sugar water.  We then had breakfast.  After breakfast I picked four ears of sweet corn.  They looked like they weren't ready.  I brought them in the house.  Carol washed them an put them in the fridge.  We would have them for supper, I watched my channel 44 Matlock program.  After that I picked up the mail at the post office.

The chickens in house six were looking good.  We had pizza for lunch.
After lunch I dead headed the dahlias and pulled and dug weeds.  That took about an hour.
The mother cat and scamp were in the box together much of the day.  We drove to Fillmore for lay pellets for the chickens. We also bought some medicine to treat our kitten's eyes.  We treated the kitten as soon as we got home.  We stopped at Roper's for a ball valve to fix the leak.  We bought some needed groceries at the Fillmore Market.  We then went home; I fed the cats and then fixed the leak.
The new part is the ball valve with the blue handle. I all went together without much difficulty.  There was a lot of water on the ground around it.  The last time I checked it, it was still muddy, but the water was gone, there is a small hen outside. I looked all over for it and can't find it. We gave the kitten another eye treatment.  I turned on the water for the back lawn.  We watched TV until we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment