Followers

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Tuesday Mowing

As soon as breakfast was over I intended to cut down corn stalks, I walked through the Blue Lake pole beans and there were a lot of beans.  I got a container that was in the garage and began to pick.  It took me awhile, but I got a nice batch of beans.

I took them in the house were Carol washed them and began to snap the beans and put them in pint bottles.
This yellow dahlia is on a stem on the front porch.  It has been pretty most of the summer.
I mowed the lawn and was finished by noon.  I dumped the grass on weeds in the garden.
The south lawn.
The east lawn.
And the front lawn.
I finished eating the watermelon and gave what was left over to the chickens.
Carol got five pints of beans.  It is quite a process canning bean. The bottles are put in a pressure cooker. The steam has to escape before timing is started.  The pressure goes down as it cools.  Then it is safe to remove the bottles.
This evening just before dark I got a picture of Tiger eating some cat food.  The yellow cat beats up Tiger. She feels safe in the cat house. We watched TV until we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment