Followers

Monday, April 8, 2019

Grape Vines & Felling Trees

Monday morning, sheets, and making beds.

A couple of pictures are from Saturday and Sunday.  Most are in chronological order.
There are several amaryllis plants in greenhouse two.  This has been in the house for a couple of days and has three beautiful flowers that don't have stems.  There is a stem going up that will have one more flower.  And it looks like there may be another one coming out of blub.
The Bray house as of yesterday, Sunday.  They are putting on the shingles.  
 Yesterday, Sunday,  I cut some asparagus.  There was not much, but I had it for Sunday dinner.  Salt, pepper and butter turned it into a small delicious treat.

The rest of the photos were taken today.
The apricot tree is really blooming.  Last year the blossoms froze and produced only three ripe apricots.  

Holden clean-up is this week.  I worked on pruning and stacking tree branches for nearly an hour this morning.
There branches from Austrian pine at the end of our driveway hanging down and sometimes we rub against the branches when backing out of our driveway.  I cut off two of them and drug them across the street to be picked up some time this week.
I hoed out some weeds that were growing next to an asparagus plant,
There are two large pots of grape plants in house two.   They should have been planted a month ago or more.  I wanted to be ready for the water when I finished planting them.  Before I brought out the plants I made an irrigation ditch and dug the hole.
Above is the hole.
I used my carpenter saw to cut the plants apart.  The photo shows the saw, the plants, and the empty nursery can.
Here I cut out the piece from the root ball.
Another photo of apricot blossoms.
 Here is the first pot.  There were only five plants.
The water is running down the row.
I trimmed off the branches so that there was two or three nodes on the stem and a few leaves.
Three plants in this root ball.  There was room for eight plants.  Three plants in one pot and five in the other pot completed the row.
I cut down trees in the south east  corner of our property.  Many died for the lack of water.  The water is in a pipe.   I don't know how many, but was able to fell them in a safe direction.  One fell to the  east and was safe, but made a lot of noise which scared their horses.  
The was a bag of lime in house five all winter.  It was rained on and snowed on and the bag sort of melted away.    
I shoveled it in the wheelbarrow, and pushed it out to the road west of our driveway.
I dumped it and spread it around.  It may kill some of the weeds, but I really don't think so.
I picked more asparagus this evening.  There is about three times more that I picked yesterday morning.
I cut away all of the old asparagus plants and then dug up some of the weeds.   More weed removal in a couple more days.


Comments and questions are welcome.

1 comment: