Followers

Friday, April 12, 2019

Drippy Cold

Some pictures


Last night I planted enough tomato plants to finish filling the row.  This morning I put the drip tape down.  It was easy to do, but connecting the tape to the water line took some time.  It took a couple of trips to the garage to get the right size bit to drill the hole in the water line.  I got it done.  the above picture is looking west.
This photo is looking east.   I didn't get any pictures, but I removed all of the plant material from the south side of the greenhouse except for the kohlrabi on the east end.  I laid down two rows of drip tape on the south side of the center isle.  I am putting one row of tomato there.  Right now, I don't know what to put for the other.
 These small pots were from yesterday.  Today, I washed them and they are setting out to dry.
It was easy to see that some of the plants had been eaten by something.  I found snails and slugs on the side of the pots and a few on the bottom.  These pots are quite small.  I can put eighteen in one tray.
Here is a close-up of the slugs.   They are a little over an inch long.  I smashed them into the ground with my foot.
I needed a picture update for some apps.
Carol Masner took the photo.  I took it while she wasn't watching.
I was working in house six when our chickens came walking in through the west door.  I took a couple of pictures and did a video.  I am so shaky that I can't get a good video.
He is the other one.
The chickens been scratching below the bird feeder that they have nearly killed the lawn.  I put this wire netting over it.  They walk across it, but can't do any scratching.
This small bush is blooming now.  Flowers are really pretty.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment