Followers

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Bunching Onions

Another Tuesday morning at the Manti Utah temple.  We were home about 2:30.  I checked out the greenhouses.  They were warm.  This morning before we left, I opened the doors to the greenhouses fearing that it would get to hot.

I let the chickens out of the hen house, and they have been all over the yard.  I wasn't going to do much in the greenhouses, but changed my mind,
One the right of the above photo there are four rows of bunching onions.  The narrow piece of wood was to make straight rows.  I used a dibble to punch a hole and then with knees on the edge I pulled each group of onions out of the tray pocked the in the hole.  I pressed the soil around the onions.  I went over the other side and planted more onions.  I put the large piece of plywood down.  I could then kneel on the plywood to make new holes and plant more onions.  I was able to plant much faster.
I watered them and they look pretty good.  I got the tray ready for another  105 cells.  Planting those will be a job for tomorrow.
I pulled some radishes and beets to put in a salad.  I had the salad for supper.  It was very good.
I got another picture of the Bray house.  While we were gone they poured concrete in the porch and in the breezeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment