Followers

Friday, April 5, 2019

Sprayed Weeds

This morning I replaced the shower curtain with a new one we bought yesterday.
It is hard for me to get a picture of anything with the a window he hind it.  Putting up the new show curtain was pretty fast and easy.

Carol has been taking care of the Stephenson's cats.  There are three of them.  Two are gentle and are well behaved.  The other one hasn't been seen for a couple of days.  Carol put food outside of the back door.  Who has been eating it? it has been our cat, Sampson.

I worked most of the morning in house two.  There was a lot of transplanting that needed to be done.

Yesterday, I bought a bale of potting soil.  This morning I opened up the bag and shoveled it into the soil box.  I started with Big Steak tomatoes.
The plants were two large to put them in tray with seventy-two cells.  Instead, I put them into jumbo packs with thirty-two cells..
I then put them in the small 2 1/2 inch pots.   The pot fits perfectly in the hole.  I held the plant in the pot and pulled soil around it.  
Here is a tray of the Big Steak tomato plants.  I watered them before I took the picture.
I did a tray of Big Leaf Basil.
I pruned the poinsettia that we got in November.  It has looked good until recently when I took to house two to put fresh life into it for the coming November.
There are a bunch of Amaryllis in house two.  This one started a bloom just a little above the soil level.  There is another stem growing.   I brought another one in the house that has one long stem.  There are two more in house two that will soon be ready for the house.
 The broccoli is ready.  it is in the fridge ready for cooking.
I pulled a lot of radishes.  Many are split and cracked and not suitable to sell.
The next photos are of three deer that we see in our yard nearly daily.  
Pine in the foregrounds was damage late last fall by a large buck.


 The asparagus are beginning to come up.  I did a lot of clearing last years stems.
I sprayed grass a couple of weeks ago along the south fence.  Filled up the tank three or four times and did a lot of spraying.  
In the tree above the these chickens is a bird feeder.  I kept it full much of the winter.  The chickens scratch it all the time looking for little piece that fell in the grass.
I used several different hoes to dig weeds in house six.
I pulled up these beets and washed them.  I took them in the house and washed them again.  I cut them into small pieces and I was too full two eat any.  I will have them sometime tomorrow or Sunday.  They are in the fridge.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment