Followers

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Mower & Tall Grass

We went to Fillmore this morning for some groceries, to get a lawnmower and to make a deposit.
Yesterday, I started making a box for my seeds. I used glue and my nail gun which made it much easier to build.  It has been difficult to keep track of the seeds and move them from the house to the greenhouses and back.  I put all the tomato seeds in one place.  All the leafy seeds in one place, etc.
For lunch I made me a salad.  Everything in the salad is from our garden except the raisons.  I put in some peaches from our peach trees which were bottled last year.  I used the salsa that we bottled last year for the dressing.
I the geraniums in a tray with eight cells or compartments.  This way they will not be so close together.  I have 221 plants.  If I sold them all for a fair price, they would bring over $600.00.  They are really nice plants.  Some have buds.
When the sun comes out from behind a cloud the temperature inside of house two is over 100 degrees.  It is too hot to work in there very long.  I uses a pallet on top of four stack of bricks with two in each stack.  The pallet is against the outside north door.  I go inside to fill a tray with soil, and do the planting outside.  It is at the right height for so I  don't have to do any bending over.  The seed box is on top where it is handy to find the needed seeds.
While I was doing some planting the lawnmower from Penny's arrived.  It to took me over two hours to mow the lawn.  The grass was pretty tall and in some areas a lot of leaves.    By the time was had finished mowing, I was pretty comfortable with the speed, throttle, reverse, and dumping the grass catcher.   I think I can mow faster the next time.

I planted one tray with two different kinds of cucumbers.  Burpless #26 and Sweet Success.  I have a clear tray which is used to cover a germination tray to prevent it from drying out.  I put about a half inch of water in it and set the germination tray in it.  The irrigation will be from the bottom.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment