Followers

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Tuesday Afternoon

There were a lot of deer on the road south of Scipio about 4:30 a.m.  As soon as we got home I checked out houses two and six.  The temperature in both were over 110 degrees.  I quickly opened the doors in house two and  opened the east door of house six and removed the fan cover.

Alisha Bills called me on the way home from Manti.  She wanted some help with the weeds in her yard.  There is a lot of tall grass on the north and west edge of her yard.  I hope to develop a plan to help her out.
I planted a row of beets along the south side of house six.  The tray has 105 cells.  Some of the cells had no plants in them.  I planted them along the edge of the drip tape.   we will see how they do.
The above picture show the beets, drip tape, dibble, and holes made with the dibble. the plants fit perfectly in the hole.
Above is the empty tray and part of a row of beets.
I used a tube tray as a template to make holes for the tray of onions.  I put the tray upside down and pushed the dibbler trough every other hole.
I pushed and pulled the onion plants out of each cell and stuck them in the hole.
It really worked well.  I later watered them.
I had eight purple plum tomato plants that I rooted several weeks ago.  I put them in a tray of water to irrigate them.
I pulled some beets our of house two and house six.  I cut off the leaves and stems. Then cut the beets into smaller pieces and boiled them for abut forty minutes.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment