Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Hailstorm, Snow, & Tomato Transplants

Cold this morning.  I checked house six to see if the furnace turned on.  It did.
The first thing this morning was to plant bunch onions.  I prepared the tray yesterday, but run out of time.  I put some seeds in my left hand and used a half teaspoon scoop some seeds from my open hand.  There were five to nine seeds in each of the 105 cells.
I put it on the grow bench.  Some should be germinating by next Thursday.
I dug all the holes and placed a plant above each hole.
I transplanted quite a few tomato plants to house six.  I stretched some twine to make sure that the rows are relative straight.   I put a piece of plywood in front of the holes there I could kneel.  Some areas are wet.
We, Alisha and I, planted all of the sees that she bought.  I bought them and she paid me.  She planted watermelon seeds.  We filled the seventeen inch tray.  Alisha planted three seeds in each cell until she run out of seeds.  There were about fifteen cells.  I planted four Crimson Sweet watermelon seeds in the rest of the cells.  My seeds are pretty old.
Alisha looking over the two trays where we planted her seeds.
A couple of weeks ago I bought five clear covers for 1020 trays.  I put one on the bottom of each tray and poured water into the trays.  The seeds then are watered from the bottom.  I then took them to the heating bench for germination.
We had a heavy hailstorm late this afternoon.  The hailstones pounded hard on the top of the greenhouses.
I transplanted a whole bunch of tomato plants in house six.  This is a view from the west end.  The row on the left was planted a couple of weeks ago.  The tomato row on the left, I planted today.  Some of the plants one the center row was also planted today.  I transplanted the following:  38 gladiator plants; 27 lemon boy; and 4 Beefsteaks.
This photo is from the east end looking west.
I picked some asparagus sometime after sunset.  There was not as much because it has been so cold.

I fed and locked up the chickens.  Before came into the house, I walked out to the greenhouses.  As I walked into house five there were two deer.  When they saw me they started to panic.  Instead of going out through the east door they jumped through the bows into house four.  The exited house four through the west doors.  There I saw the third deer.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment