Followers

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Mow the Lawn - Ran out of Gas


Elisha called me this morning and wanted to see how her plants are doing.  She also wanted a Fremont Barberry.  The one she got last fall had died.
I got her a new one and she took the four strawberry plants that she didn't get last year.  She want a cherry tomato plant in a hanging basket.  I put a black Cherry plant in the basket which is in the above photo.
I forgot to pick the asparagus earlier, so I picked it around ten.
I washed it and put it in these large mouth  pint bottles and then into the fridge.
I started soaking Green Arrow pea seeds yesterday morning.  I prepared the ground which took awhile.  I decided not to use my tiller.  I figured that I could use a shovel, stirrup hoe, and an V hoe to do the job about the same time of bringing the tiller out which is in house six.  I spaded the soil and used the stirrup hoe to break up the clods.  and with the V hoe I made a row for the seeds.  I broke the clods further by placing a pipe in the row and walking on it.  I then planted the soaked peas and covered them with soil.  The last thing it did was to walk on the soil to press the soil tightly to the seeds.
I run the water down the row for the rest of the day.  It had about three more feet to get to the end.
A couple of days ago Paula Warner called for some Fern Bush.  I brought one out to the driveway where I could get a good photo.
I mowed the lawn with my new mower.  I was able to mow faster this time.  I know how to speed up, slow down, back up with blade running and with blade not running.  I also make large turns with the blade off.  I mowed up a lot of grass and leaves.  I backed up to the west door of house six.  I put the leaves and the clippings around the tomato plants for weed control.
There were more weeds in some areas and more grass in other areas.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment