Followers

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Frost, Cool, Ministering, & Deer

First job after breakfast was to vacuum and clean the floors.
I have some leeks that were not planted in the raised beds over a month ago.  I planted a few in the north east bed.
I tied up tomato plants in house six,  I did some before lunch and some more after lunch.  Some of the pieces of twine are visible
Carolyn Stevens brought over some acorns that were from an oak tree whose  acorns came from the sacred grove in Palmyra New York.  There were six. there are shown above.  Only one looks like it is going to grow into a tree.
I planted a few seeds that came from a pea shrub in Elisha's yard.

Alisha called me several time during the day.  I planned to spray some weeds for her this morning, but the weeds were pretty wet.  This afternoon she called so I filled the back-pack sprayer filled with weed killer.  She has a bunch of raised bed that were beds of weeds.
 This one is north of the driveway.  Some are circles, and others are in the backyard and one is on the street right-away.
She called again while I was spraying the dandelions.  A person on main street dug up a large current bush.  She wanted me to plant it for here.  I dug the hole and she held it up while I did the backfill.

We haven't seen the deer for nearly three weeks, But this evening they came.  I walked out to scare them away  and got a few pictures.

They walked the the southwest corner of our yard and jumped over the fence into the neighbors yard.
They are watching me as I walk towards them. Then over the fence.
Carol asked me a couple of days ago to put down contact paper over the two shelves where we put most of our pots and pans.  I took off the door which was pretty easy.  I could take off the bottom shelf so I had to put the paper on my knees.  It took quite awhile.   I put it in and wasn't straight.  I did it again with the same results.  Finally I got pretty good and pushed out most of the bubbles.  The top shelf went pretty easy.  It was setting on the table and Carol helped me.  The paper went of one side a little bit.  It was easy to trim with a pair of scissors.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment