Followers

Friday, May 31, 2019

More Work on the Tiller

The first thing this morning after breakfast was a little bit of news and then a quick check in house two and house six.
These feathers were on the lawn west of the garage and under the Pink Flamingo tree.  
They weren't there the last time I checked last night.  A free range dog had nearly caught one of our hens.  All of our chickens were accounted far.  One of the hens was missing a few tail feather.  They are in the above picture.
Some of the tomato plants are not doing very good.  We have had aphids on the cabbage and kale plants.  Now they are on some of the tomato plants.  I mixed up a batch of Neem oil and sprayed most of the tomato plants on both sides.
Richard worked nearly four hours on the tiller yesterday.  He had a few ideas that would help it to run better.  He worked on it for nearly two hours today.  He bought some rubber tubing and replace the fuel line.  He has removed, cleaned, and put back together and installed.  It is all back together.  The rpm is up and down.  I thought that I would do a little tilling, but didn't get it done.
I had another five flavored berry seed that germinated.  On the left is one that is about ready to shed its seed coat.  The one on the right is the new seed.
I put up two more cow panels this afternoon.  The dados in the 2x6 were in the wrongg place and didn't match those that I did last week.  I held the panel in place with pieces of wood screwed the wood into the 2x6.
I stood the panel on its edge.  I tied some twine on one end and then to the other end and pulled both ends together.  I then moved it next the other three panels put up last year.  
The above photo shows that they didn't match together.
I moved them around a little and lifted one up and removed some of the soil under the 2x6.  I then wired them together with tie wire.
The potatoes are coming up now.  The potatoes in the photo were not covered.  I guess I forgot.  I plan to cover them with compost.  We will see what happens.
Lastly, the pea vines are beginning to bloom.  They are about eighteen inches tall.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment