Followers

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Work & More Work

It was about 7:45 this morning when I checked the greenhouses, mainly houses two and six.  Everything looked fine except house six.
The controller was in the off position.  Last night when I shut the doors I could hear the water was running.  I didn't look ar the controller, but it was obvousily working correctly.
A photo of grape plants that I rooted from cutting of the plants from the Miles Batty's yard.   All of them are alive, and are showing a stem bud.  I watered them.
While out by the grape vines I  saw  large asparagus stems.  I came back later and cut a nice batch of shoots.  There are two pint bottles in the fridge.  The one on the right is the one I picked today.  I had them for supper.

I didn't get a picture, but I cut a nice bunch of peas that are growing in house six.  We had them for supper also.

I planted eight large tomato plants.  Didn't get a picture of that either.
There is a large hardy Pampas grass  growing in the flower bed west of our driveway.  It is the light area a little bit left of center.
I have a couple of hoops or bows made from cattle panels.  I have a hard time keeping the ends off the ground.  I found a treated 2x6 I cut off two fifty inch pieces.  There is one for each end.  the panal would not sit smoothly   I sawed a grove near the center of the board.  The depth of the groe was the same diameter of the rods of the bow.   I cut a small piece of wood and drilled holes through the wood and then screwed in to the wood.  
This photo shows  the board that will be on the other end.
The welded wire is above.

Last week I planted carrots in this raised bed.  It has be rained on and watered.  I put welded wire over it to keep off the chickens.  Today, I covered t with two layers of burlap hoping that it will keep the seeds moist.
One layer of burlap. 
Two layers of burlap.
I heavily pruned the grape plants that are by the hen house.
 You see the hen house in the background.
These grape vines have been here a long time and they are getting pretty large.
Here was growing a rose bush with multiple stems.  I cut it down and painted the stumps with round up.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment