Followers

Friday, May 10, 2019

Rain & Mowing

It rained off and on much of the morning.  I got my seeds and went to house two.  I went through the seeds and took out the ones I needed.  I planted half tray of Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts.    I also planted a trays of burpless cucumbers.  Next I planted Black Beauty eggplants, and some seeds from the eggplants that we had in house one.   The last planted was 105 bunching onions.
Speaking of bunching onions, some animals, most likely a dog, walked through the transplanted onions.  I left some large foot prints in bed one.  The prints of its paws went deep in the soft soil.
I cleaned the fertilizer tank.  I dump the full  bag of Peter's fertilizer in the tank.  That was yesterday.  I took the picture this morning which showed how much fertilize was used last yesterday evening.  If I did that everyday, the tank would be empty within a week.
I put the seeded trays in this small wading pool.  The water soaked up all was very wet.
It stopped raining and after lunch I loaded four large Golden Current plants  in the truck and drove to Alisha's house to plant in her yard.  It took an hour to dig four holes and put in the plants.  The above photo shows Alisha by the last plant planted.
Before I started mowing I started my chain saw and cut a branch off the tree.  It was in the way of my mowing.  I also cut a couple of branches off the Dawn Redwood tree.
I mowed the lawn which nearly two hours.  While I was mowing Wade Lemon, our neighbor, came over.  He wanted about twenty-five #five  nursery cans.  He loaded them on his truck.  He cut a large circle out of the bottom of the nursery can.  He  is going to use them for tomato plants.

I put the clippings around the tomato plants in house six.


Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment