Followers

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Rain and the Weed Whip

After breakfast and a little bit of TV news, I pulled the two flat wheel barrows out of house two.  I put them inside for the night and outside during the day.

I backed the car near the north door of house two and unloaded the potting soil and the soluble fertilizer.   I cannot lift the soil like I used to do.  It is quite heavy.  I rolled it over end to end and then drug it the rest of the way into the greenhouse.
The bale of soil is standing on its end by the door.  I pulled in side and laid it flat on the floor next to the potting box.  I cut the bale in half and then was able to lift each half into the box.
I broke up the hard pieces of soil.  
Next I brought in the fertilizer.  I don't know the parts per million for the injector.  The above picture gives those directions.  I will begin to fertilize tomorrow.
I got a picture of the building that Neil Stevens is putting together.
The Italian parsley is way out of control.  I dug it up and carried it to the compost pile west of the hen house.
This is how it looks after.  The leeks were partially covered by the parsley.
You can see how pale some of the leek plants look.
We drove to Fillmore to get Chrysanthemums for Memorial Day.  We got fifteen.  We then stopped at Fillmore feed and bought the a hanging basket which will hang from our front porch.
I put the basket on the step to get another picture.
 I planted the bunching onions.  They are in 105 tray.   I could easily pull them out.  I put them in another tray that had larger cells.  I planted them next to the other onions.
I took the weed whip to Penny's because it didn't have any power.  He did some adjustments.   When I got home I did a lot of trimming.  It worked much better.  I cut down the tall grass and other weeds next to the Miller's.  I run it tell it run out of gas.  I came back and weeded some more until the whip was gone.  I put on new string then I couldn't start the weed whip.  I think that it was flooded.
Carol pulled a lot of weeds and grasses of the hill.  there are several large piles.
I also cut the weeds around house three. 
I found this weed in house.  It has a beautiful seed head.  I then dug it up and put it in a garbage can.
The pea plants in house six are really tall and there are new blossoms at the top.

I pruned all of the tomato plants in house six and hung some some that hadn't been hung yet.
I picked a nice batch of peas.  I also picked on cucumber and ate half of it this evening.



Comments and questions are welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment