Followers

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Almost from Sun-up to Sun-down

After the morning news and breakfast I began the yard work.
Yesterday, I transplanted eight  Purple Cherry.  I didn't get the picture until this morning.
It was a cool morning so I made an irrigation furrow for the potatoes.  I dug it on the south side and put the soil on top of the potatoes.  
There some large Candy onions that I planted from seed around the first of the year.  I made seven holes, put the onion in the hole and pushed soil around it.  I didn't cut off the tops of the onions.
The Stephenson's next door wanted some rhubarb.  I pulled a bunch of stems for them.
I ordered seeds for Alisha.  These are Miracle Fruit seeds.  There were four in the package.    We also planted some strawberry seeds and one that we could not find the name.
Here Alisha planted some in a clear plastic drinking cup.  It is a cup in a cup.  She made a hole in the bottom of the cup with the soil.  Then put water in the bottom cup to guarantee that the planted cup would get well irrigated.
 Carol is giving the lesson at the DUP meeting Monday.  Part of her lesson has to with silk worms and mulberry tree.  The above photo is one that I think that Brigham Young had planted through out the state.
A closer photo.
I ordered lady bugs and they were early this afternoon..  There are 500 in each container.
Clair Harmon ordered sod and it came today.  Several people helped lay down the sod.
I can't tell who this is.
 We had a break for cookies and a drink of water.
A couple of days ago, Sister Harmon bought some geraniums from us.  She planted them in the planter near the front door.
The burpless cucumbers are coming up.
Just before dark I turned loose the lady bugs in house six.  There cabbage and other things that are lousy with aphids.  I was going to put on container in house two and the other one in house six.  House six has a whole lot more aphids than house six does.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment