Followers

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Sat., Sun., Mon., & Tuesday

Not much done on the above days.  Only thin Sunday was a couple of pictures.   My laptop doesn't seem to work properly.  Tuesday afternoon I took it to Fillmore to have and spyware removed.   After I got back to Holden, I stopped at the home of Cloyce and Pat Smith to get some of pictures of their. bailed straw garden.  They were working in the garden and yard.

I got a couple of photos Cloyce in their garden.  Pat did not want to be in the picture.
I got another photo as Cloyce was leaving the garden.
A month or so ago I planted the English cucumbers.  The didn't grow much until the days got a little longer.   Now there are three cucumbers on one plant and the top one is blooming and it looks like it will form our first cucumbers.
Monday afternoon, I dug weeds out of the strawberry batch.  I used the shovel for most of them.  I then used a forked digger tool to dig weeds that were close to the strawberry plants.  I did that on hands and knees.  If I can keep pit the weeds and keep the plants watered there should be some good straw berries.  Also, I have slugs and snails to contend with.

Monday evening we planted and watered the potatoes.   I could not stop the till so I used the two rows that were already there.  I made the rows deeper and broke some of the clods.   Then Carol drop tomato cutting in the trench.   I pressed in the soil and watered and fertilized them.  We planted one full row and part of another one.
Carol is putting in the potatoes.  

I covered them up.
I pulled this wild lettuce weed out of the potted red fountain grass.  Earlier, like maybe a month ago I pulled it up but only got a top portion of the root.  The photo show how it grew multiple stems.  Thought it to be interesting.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment