Followers

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Worked All Day -- On Different Things

After my morning devotional I picked bucket of Armenian cucumbers and a bucket of burpless cucumbers.

The last corn transplant is about sixteen inches tall and it is beginning to tassel.  It spent too much time in the six packs on the benches.  It is ninety day corn and half of that time was in a six pack.
I then wound up some of the twine in house six.  We may use it again some other time.
When I finished with that task, I noticed that the twine holding the overhead wire up, broke.  The tomato plants heavy with fruit broke.  I ripped an 82 inch 2 x 4 in half.  With my skillsaw I cut a notch in the end of each one.
The post is barely visible in the photo.  The notch is in the overhead wire.


After lunch I moved the rest of the grass clippings.  It took me a little over a half hour.  The photo below shows the clippings are gone.  Just a little left.
Below are where I dumped the wheelbarrow.  It is near the pole beans.  There must have been fifteen loads.  The old tomato cages are in the background.  Late I used some of the wire to make some TOMAHOOKS
 Here the clipping are spread around.  There is nothing planted there.
 I have noticed that the Salvia pachyphylla flowers contain ripe seeds.  I picked the blossoms and put them in a five gallon bucket.  I will thresh them when they dry.
I am out of TOMAHOOKS.  I cut a short piece of rusty old barbwire off the back fence.  On the way back to the garage I picked up an old tomato cage made out of concrete inforcement wire.  I cut them into pieces about thirteen inches.  I bent them into the right shape.  The one on the far right is made out of the heavy wire; the one on the left of it is made out of barbwire.
There some tomato plants on the north end of house one that have never been hung.  I hung two of the using the TAMOHOOKS that I made today.  The tomato plants are Sun Gold cherries.  They may not produce much, but we shall see.  I could have saved a lot of time by pulling them up.
After supper I tied up the squash plants.  I have to do that on my knees, but they will soon be tall enough to tie them up while I am standing.  Below the cucumbers are on the left and the squash on the right.  You can see at least one zucchini.
 Below is one plant with a lot of crookneck squash.
The watermelons are doing well.  Below is one on top of the root ball of a pinion pine that never found a home.


Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment