Followers

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Good Bill of Health From My Cardiolgist

This morning after breakfast we picked the cucumbers.  Carol picked the burpless cucumbers at the top left and I picked the Armenian cucumbers on the bottom left.  Carol cleaned them and we delivered most of the to the Frosts and Stymles.  We then hurried to Fillmore
I had an appointment with my cardiologist at 10:15.  We were there on time and went right in to an exam room.  Dr. Dahl said that everything was good, and I can discontinue one of my blood pressure pills.  We did a little shopping and got home at noon.

Last week the knob for the dishwasher broke.  While in Fillmore I bought a knob at Roper's Lumber.  I put it on the dishwasher. it was too large.  I was about to put it back in the package when I saw the small set screw at the bottom.  Finding my little driver, I screwed it in tight and it worked.  The arrow does not point to the right function, but we turn it until we here the water coming in.  It worked good tonight.
After lunch, and a BTL sandwich I caught up on some lap top time.  Later in the day I watered the greenhouses.  Still later I pruned some trees and shrubs in the backyard.  I drug them to the trailer where I loaded them.

Last week I cut a large branch of the Box Elder tree.  With pruners and the chainsaw I cut it into smaller pieces and it is now on the trailer.  
There are several elm trees growing near the road.  I had the chainsaw here.  I decided to cut them down and poison the tree with round-up.  I cut one of the smaller branches down with the chainsaw.  I attempted the larger one, but the saw was so dull, I quit.
It was pretty heavy, but I was able to drag it over the trailer tongue and pull it onto the trailer.
I had a half hour left before the news.  I did some heavy tomato pruning in house six.  There is much more to do.

I posted sale of Gambel Oak on EBay this evening.  So far it hasn't showed up on EBay.

Comments and questions are welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment