Followers

Friday, August 18, 2017

Hard Turning Mower with Nearly Flat Tire.



When I woke up this morning, I thought that I would take a picture of everything that I needed to do today.  When I walk around the yard and the nursery I see things that I need to do.  When I start work I often don't get around to doing any of those projects.  I changed my mind.  There are a couple of tasks at the top of my list.

Picked few cucumbers, then had breakfast. then spent all morning working in house one.  I made a lot of TOMAHOOKS our of old tomato cages.  I began in house one in east isle on the north end.  The tomato plants were tall and had a lot of branching.  I cleaned some trash out of the north end for a little more room.  Using the TOMAHOOKS I was able to lay them down so the tops would not touch the roof.  You can see that they are leaning to the north.  I didn't count the plants, but there may be a dozen of them.
I pruned the bottom leaves and some fruit had spoiled.  With the leaves gone it is much easier to see the fruit.  The picture below shows the trunk of the tomato plant stripped of its leaves.
I worked there until lunch.  After lunch I started weeding.  The following pictures shows the weeds, the weeds cut down, and where the weeds after they were removed.  There are three different areas.

  Weeds have been removed.
Looking south at the coshire weeds.  Some are very tall.
The weeds are down, but are difficult to see because of the camera angle.
The weeds are gone.  I used a shovel for some and for others I pulled them up.


The weeds are tall down the isle past the cold frame.   I sprayed them several times earlier in the spring.  But rains starts a new crop.
Looking down the isle past the cold frame.  The weeds are cut down and are laying where I cut them.
The weeds are gone.




Weeds are gone between the stack of benches on the left and the single bench on the rights
I usually mow the lawn on Friday, and today is Friday.  I almost forgot.  After I did the weeds, I gathered up the garden hoses and removed the from the lawn.  The mower worked well, but after a while it would not turn well.  I thought one of the hydraulic motors was low on oil.  I was almost finished when I discovered that the back tire was almost flat.  I pumped it up and finished the mowing.  I dumped it on some morning glory in the middle of the strawberry plants.  You can see the strawberry plants in the corners of the photo.
I found a small nest of wasps attached to the ceiling in the hen house this afternoon.  When it was dark I went out with a flashlight on my hat armed with plastic grocery bags.  I grabbed it.  I then discovered two more that were large.  I the nest in the bag.  A few fell to the ground.  I stepped on all of them.  The I got the other nest completely.  The bags are in anther bag tied shut in the garbage can.

Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment