Followers

Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Cucumbers Went Like Hot Cakes, All Most



 We started the morning by picking the cucumbers.  This has turned into a morning activity.  We took them to the post office and displayed them at the newspaper pick-up.  It is not used for that any more. We had three totes.  By evening, they were all gone except three or four Armenian cucumbers.
Next we picked the pole beings.  I planted some good pole beans early this spring.  Most of those died.  I bought some bean seeds at Walmart.  They turned out to be undesirable.  They are flat and don't snap well.  Those beans that survived make really good beans.
Beans need to be cooked in a pressure cooker.  That prevents them from developing botulism poison.

Fourteen pint bottles.  One of the fourteen is from the seed purchased at Walmart.  I cooked the exta Walmart bean.  I ate some of them this evening.  I did not like the taste of them.  They were not cooked long enough.
Getting a little late in the morning, I watered house three.  I mixed a bottle of Dawn dish soap with a couple of gallons of water.  Some of the pepper plants are lousy with aphids.  Using the injector, I sprayed the peppers with soapy water.  I used the high pressure.  I got the wet with the soapy water.  I then used clear water to was the soap off the pepper plants.
 More pepper plants.
A customer called and wanted to know if we were open.  We were and they bought eight native plants and one house plant.  $90.

We the drove to Fillmore to fill the car with gasoline.  After stopping at the market we deposited the money in the credit union.

We moved the grill out side and left an empty spot.  I started making a shelf  which will be behind the door when it is opened.  I can get things off the floor with the shelf.
Here it is finished.  There still needs to be a little more work to get it where I like it.


Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment