Followers

Friday, September 1, 2017

The Garage is Clean - Almost

We started out this morning picking the cucumbers.  We got three buckets full.  We took them to the post office.  At the end of the day they were all gone except Some of the Armenian cucumbers.
After breakfast we started some more sweet relish.  We used onions, bell peppers, and cucumbers.  I for got to take a picture of the seven half pints of relish.  The bell peppers below are the first ones that we have picked.
We shredded the onions, peppers, and cucumbers.  They had to soak a couple of hours.  While they were soaking I worked in house six.  The pepper plants are loaded with peppers and the weight of the peppers have caused the plants to fall over.   One of the stakes is showing at the middle top.
There were still aphids.  I gave them another soap treatment. I really soaked them good.  I waited ten minutes of more before I washed the soap of the plants.  Below is a photo of the back of the leaf.  It shows aphids and the cocoon of tiny wasps.  There are two of them close together above the center vein.
This afternoon I worked in the garage.  Yesterday I made the shelves.  Today I cleaned up and put a lot of things on the shelves.  I made some hooks for the folding chairs.
There were a boxes of books in this corner stacked on top of each other. I put one on the top shelf made yesterday.  The others were put in the shelves that I made last year.
 I cleaned up the sawdust and dirt.  I then used the blower to blow out dust and sawdust.  The photo below shows the full garage from the outside with the door open.
Carol earlier moved some of the concrete that spilt on the lawn.  I removed the hoses and mowed the lawn.  It takes about an hour.  The picture below shows the marks on the lawn made by the skid steer and track back hoe.  A year from now it should be looking pretty normal.
Sadie and her friend stopped.  They were in Cedar City on their way home.  They stayed for a while.  We pick tomatoes and cucumber which they took with them.

Comments and question are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment