Followers

Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Freeze Never Happened in our Area

Today, I turned the furnace own. The temperature in the house was 63 degrees.

I was working again cleaning around the greenhouses.  I keep finding trays all around the south door of house two.  I worked some there this morning and again in the late afternoon.  The germination trays can get extra heavy when it rains and if they out in the rain.  Rain was the forecast this afternoon.

While I was doing this Robert and Frank, Andrew, the furnace guy arrived about the same time. Andrew got the furnace going.  It didn't take him long.  The valve attached to the furnace would not turn for me.  It turned for him.  Isn't that the way it works.  He loosind one of the gas pipes to bleed out the air.  He tightened it up when he smelled the gas.  He lit the piolet light and turned up the thermostat.  The furnace worked.  I had him pick some tomatoes while I got the check book.  $15.00.

Robert and Frank removed a lot of tomato plants out of house seven.  The weight of the tomato plants hanging from the bows was putting some stress on them.  Robert and Frank picked peppers, tomatoes, The mature Italian squash and some watermelons.

I dug the onions before lunch.  They were laying on the black weed barrier.  After lunch Carol and I cut off the onion tops.  I put them in the garage for them to cure a little.   Later we drove to Fillmore from some groceries.  We got a roast and hamburger at Ashton Farms.  Eric, our son, called and wanted to know if the could visit us tomorrow.  That was the main purpose going to Fillmore.

I moved the compressor into house three to get it out of the rain.

It rained on the way home from Fillmore and it has rained quite a bit this evening.

No pictures today.  I got too busy to document the day with photos.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment