Followers

Monday, September 11, 2017

Cooler Weather, Watering Once a Day

This morning we begun the day by picking the beans.  Most that we found were small.  We wait until Wednesday and will pick again,   We picked jalapeno peppers, cucumbers, and some summer squash.  We then had breakfast.
The peppers were for Ann, our neighbor,  The cucumbers, summer squash, and a few beans went to the post office.

I went out to the watermelon patch.  The plants were doing well.  The watermelon hanging on the pinion pine broke loose.  It looked like it is ripe.  It was bleeding red at the stem.  This evening I cut off a piece.  It was pink, but tasted okay.  I gave it to the Masner's.
There is an empty spot where the melon was hanging.
While checking on the melons I saw this small watermelon which had split open.  It was a little pink with small ants having desert.
I built a trellis for some bell pepper plants in house two.  There are two, eight foot uprights to hang the twine.  There is one piece of pine for one pepper plant. It was too hot to do the other five.  There were four branches loaded with peppers.  I used the tallest branch and pinched the other ones.
I did some tomato pruning in house one.  Later I picked two buckets of tomato to go with the peppers we picked for Ann.  I think that there are six more buckets to be picked.

I had two customers today.  One from California and the other from Holden.  The spent $90.00.

I did more pruning and left the branches in the isle.  I will take them out after they dry out some.  I still have a lot of pruning to do.
There a lots of tomatoes left.  Below are pictured the tomatoes hanging on the vine which is hanging on the overhead wire by the twine.
I began to prune off the top of some of the tomato plants.  At this time of the year any small tomatoes or flowers would not be get ripe before they freeze.  Just below the top middle, you can see where it is cut.
I drilled holes in a plastic quart battle and a hole in the lid.  I filled the bottle with hen scratch and hung in a wire line above.


Questions and comments are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment