Followers

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Frost Again on the Lawn


After morning activities were over I went out.  Frost on the lawn again.

I worked at the computer for several hours.  The were two 941 forms that I had sent in.  One was for the first quarter last year and the other one was for the third quarter.  The only time I had employees was the second quarter.  I finally got it right and took it to the post office.

We have been putting cat food in the trap.  The cats go in and eat.  There were three in at one time and I hid the door and it wouldn't go down.  The cats quickly left.  I made a hole in the door and used a long piece of tire wire with a loop on one end and the other end was pushed through the hole for about one inch.

I removed the foliage from the sweet potato plants.  Removing a little soil from the center plant there were five sweet potatoes visible.  It doesn't show in the photo below.  I covered them again with frost protection fabric.   I put the stems and leaves on a new compost pile.

I dug up one sweet potato plant that got a late start.  There were a couple sweet potatoes.  I took them in the house, cleaned them up and might eat them tomorrow.
I finished the raised bed.  To move it into place, I used two four inch PVC pipes.  One under the left side and one under the right side near the far end.  I was then able to lift the front end up and roll it until it the far side.  I started to put used potting soil in the bed.  I was able to empty a lot of pots that contained dead plants.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment