Followers

Monday, September 18, 2017

Lot of Picking

As soon as breakfast was over we started picking.  Carol began at the pole beans and I started in house one with the tomatoes.  I filled one bucket.  Dusty came over and she filled a half bushel box with tomatoes.  She went home and Carol and I picked tomatoes, cucumbers, and summer squash from our garden.  We filled two totes.

I picked more tomatoes and filled two buckets.  Carol prepared some produce for the Atkinsons who have four young foster girls.  I delivered the two bucket to the troseths and produce bag to the Atkinsons.

I picked a Topaz melon shown below which is beginning to come apart.  All of those that I have picked are too ripe.
Cut in half.
Some of the tomatoes are ripening in clusters.
We drove to Fillmore for a few groceries and mainly cat food.

After lunch I filled the tractor tires with air and attached the post hole digger.  The Stephens next had to put down their dog because of sickness.  They asked if I would make to hole for the grave.  I got the tractor working and helped them dig out the hole. They put the dog in and we filled the hole.
I put the post hole digger away and put the bucket back on.  I scooped up a little dirt and dumped it on the lawn next to the patio.
I mowed the lawn which hasn't been mowed for ten days.  I dumped the catch twice.

The pumpkin is beginning to turn orange as shown below.


Comments and questions are welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment