Followers

Thursday, September 21, 2017

A Lot to Do

We had some cucumbers and tomatoes left over from yesterday.  Two of the cucumbers were quite large.  Carol took them to the display box at the post office.
There were two T-posts used to make a place for the ducks that we had several years ago.  I removed the plywood that was there which left the two posts.  I dug them up and was able to pull them out of the ground.
The furnace piolet light went out sometime yesterday afternoon.  I worked on it for over and hour this morning and could not get it lit.  I could not turn the valve to piolet.  finally I called Andrew Brown who is a furnace man.  He will come tomorrow afternoon.
I picked Anaheim peppers, jalapeno peppers and egg plants this morning.  I put them in separated totes.  One of our cats came by to get in the picture.
Here they are at the post office.   I made labels for each.
 With frost in the forecast, I moved the tender plants back to house two.  below is the pomegranate bush, three lemon trees, and three lantana plants in front.
Below is the Dracaena  that is nearly six feet tall.  I pulled up the geraniums that were growing around the base of the plants.  I used the ball and burlap cart to get it to house two.
The Dracaena would not stand up straight.  I blocked one side up so it will sit straight.
Yesterday, I picked a watermelon.  It is pretty much ripe, but seeds has not turned black.
Walking through the garden I took a picture of this crookneck squash plant that I have been training up a post.  It is over five feet tall.  This was planted in mid-July.
 I filled this clam-shell container with Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.  The weight was 2 1/4 pounds.
I worked for a little over an hour pulling weeds out of the pots.  The blossom from the Salvia pachyphylla plant looked pretty nice.  Here is the picture.  It is one of my favorite native perennial.
Below are the Round Leaf Buffalo berries.
 Fremont Barberry
 Bristle cone pine seedlings.
 Monroe Globe Mallow
Luffa sponge that finally produces fruit.  This one is about six inches long.  It should have been that size back in June.
 The next two photos are in house six.  The tomato plants have been neglected during the last month.  The weight of the vines have broken the twine that hooked to the overhead wire.  The are just laying on the ground.




Comments and questions are welcomed


No comments:

Post a Comment