Followers

Friday, September 29, 2017

Preparing for Plant Sale


Yesterday I emptied most of the gallon pots.  Today I put the pot away.  Most of them went into the shed.  The round pots went into house four.

I loaded two tubs of plant tags into the truck.  I put all the garbage containers which held broken pots and trays and some dust.  We went to the dumpster and unloaded
I picked the pumpkin.  Carol wanted it on the front porch. I planted four seeds in four different hills sometime in early July.  Then I pulled all of the plants except one in each hill.  Then a staked with a six stake.  As it grew I tied it to the stake and cut off all branching.  I thought that it might have been planted to late to turn orange.
All week I have been posting on face book a perennial and native plant sale this afternoon and tomorrow morning.  That is the reason for so much cleaning.  I gathered up all of my small plant signs and picked the one that matched my native plants.  I had enough for most of them.

One customer came.  I call it one, but it was a man and his wife that recently moved into Holden.   They spent $25.00.  We will see what tomorrow brings.

Almost finished with cleaning the shed.  It looks a lot better and there is room for a few more things.  I swept it with the big push broom.  I have hundreds if not thousand of azalea pot of different sizes.  The next project if group them according to size.  I bought these pots for the poinsettias which I haven grown for years.

I emptied the cone-tainers and stacked all of them which make thing look a little neater.

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment