Followers

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Water for Most of the Day



I was up before daylight.  I was to go up to the ditch, put the dam in and remove the floating weeds and grass.  There was no water there, except for a little bit.  I came home and went back when it was a little lighter.  I walked up the ditch.  The water was up there.  I pulled up the dam and in minutes I had water.  There was a pretty good stream.  I tended the water most of the day.

We picked our first Topaz melon today.  We replanted several times because of the earwigs.
Below is the lawn west of the hen house.  It had a good soaking.   The irrigation water comes through pipes.  I can turn it off or on with the gate valve in the bottom right of this picture.
This evening I went to the ward harvest dinner.  There were a lot of people there I don't know.  The food was good.  We furnished sliced tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks, and sliced cucumbers.

Comments and questions welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment