Followers

Monday, September 4, 2017

Happenings All Day Long

We picked the pole beans this morning.  There are two types.  One is more round and the other one is flat.  They are pictures below.  The seed for the round beans came from Mountain Valley Seeds.  They were started in the greenhouse in March.  We had some cold weather after I planted them.  I put too much liquied fertilizer on the them and some of them died.  The flat seed came from Walmart.  They were plan ted later.  It took booth of them a long time to produce some beans.  I boiled the flat beans for about twenty minutes a couple days ago.  I salted and buttered them, they were still a little hard.  Today, I boiled them twenty more minutes; buttered and salted them again.  They just did not taste like the round pole beans.
We picked all the round beans, Carol washed them and they are pictured below.  We were going to take them to one of our neighbors across town.  They were not home.
We picked all of the burpless cucumbers.  We bagged them up and Carol took them to another neighbor. 
Carol picked the summer squash.  The squash vines are still growing and I the new growth to the stake.  I then removed the lower leave
I tied the watermelon up a little higer so that their was some space between the melon and the ground.
This watermelon is growing bigger each day. I take pictures every day.
Same with the pumpkin.
Here is a different kind of pumpkin.  I am not sure which this is.
We are going to the temple in the morning and we leave a little after four.  We can't pick in the morning, so I picked tonight.  I got two full buckets.
 Carol washed them and I put them in the totes.  I then took them to the post office where we hope that they will be gone by tomorrow evening.
 Those that were extra large were cut in half and given to the chickens.
The chickens really went after the cucumber seeds.
 On pinterest, they showed a bottle full of chicken scratch.  The purpose is to prevent chick borddem. There are some large hole in the side of the bottle.  The chicken try to get the scratch.  Now they are scared of it and you can see the grain around the bottle.



No comments:

Post a Comment